Natural Testosterone Boosters for Men Over 40
After men reach the age of 30, they can start experiencing a gradual decrease in testosterone. Studies show that a man in his 40s can lose as much as 1% of testosterone per year. This can have an impact on many aspects of a man’s life, including sex drive, energy, performance, and sarcopenia (the loss of muscle mass). Sarcopenia effects every man differently, but some guys can experience 3%-5% loss of muscle mass per year. That’s significant!
Naturally, men in their 40s and 50s are going to want to hold on to as much testosterone as possible. Here is a list of 8 foods that are known to naturally raise testosterone levels.
- Tuna: Tuna, Salmon, and other fatty fish are excellent sources of protein and are rich in Vitamin D. Vitamin D is known to aid in the production of testosterone in the testes.
- Beef: Lean cuts of beef, and beef liver in particular are very high in protein. Zinc, also known to aid in testosterone production is also prevalent in beef.
- Eggs: Eggs are what is called a “perfect protein”, as they contain every essential amino acid necessary for your body to function properly. While there is much debate about the benefit of eating egg whites vs. yolks, you may be happy to hear that the yolk contains more nutrients.
- Spinach: High in Magnesium, Vitamin B6, and Iron makes spinach an excellent food to add to your diet. Mix it into an egg scramble for a double testosterone boosting meal.
- Oats: Loaded with Vitamins B6 and D, as well as packed with fiber, Oats provide good energy and boost testosterone. They also contain properties that fight estrogen production
- Bananas: Bromelain is an enzyme found in bananas that aid in the production of testosterone. They also provide energy, Potassium, and are the perfect “on-the-go” snack.
- Almonds: Zinc has been shown to increase testosterone production, and almonds are a very good source. Plus, they are a handy snack.
- Lemons: While lemons don’t actually raise testosterone levels, they do help regulate estrogen levels in the body.
If you don’t know where to start, I’m here for you. Each and every week I set aside times for what I call Success Strategy Sessions. These short (and FREE!) coaching calls are designed to get you moving toward your goals and reaching them at lightening speed. During the call we’ll talk about where you currently are, where you’d like to be, and come up with some quick actionable steps you can take right away.
These calls are FREE, but I only have a limited amount of time to do them each and every week. They are “first-come-first-serve”. If you’d like to schedule a free Success Strategy Session click below.