There are many reasons you might want to work with a Wellness Coach, and getting help staying on track with reaching major goals in your life is a definite benefit. An Accountability Coach will help you stay motivated ans focused on what it is you want to achieve. They will help you improve your ability to perform at a higher level than you ever have.
Why Do I Even Need An Accountability Coach?
Have you ever set a goal or set of goals, started out great on achieving them, and then had to start over? There are several reasons why this happens, but lack of accountability is high on the list. We may have the best laid plans for success, but without accountability we don’t always follow through.
There are basically 4 levels of accountability that you can use to reach your goals.
- Holding Yourself Accountable: It is almost impossible to hold yourself accountable. You have deep rooted “past programming” that has created the habits, beliefs, and actions that have gotten you to the point you currently are in your life. Trying to make changes to these parts of your identity can result in what I call your “Lizard Brain” rebelling. I could write a whole article about just this, but suffice it to say Lizard Brain Hates Change!!
- Family Holding You Accountable: When it comes to holding you accountable, your family is actually pretty terrible at it. You’d think the opposite were true. The truth is that your family has a vested interest in your happiness, and they don’t want to see you struggle. They will let you slide, fudge, and downright quit because they see how hard it is for you to succeed. They love you, and want the best for you…even if that means letting you fail.
- Friends Holding You Accountable: Let’s face it. Your friends have every intention of helping you. They’ve always got your back, right? However, your friends have their own problems, goals, families, and responsibilities to tend to. All of that stuff has to come before your problems hit the mix, so you only get the attention that’s left over.
- Coach Holding You Accountable: When you hire a coach to work with, you get someone who is fully invested in your success. Financially, both of you have committed to focus and follow through at an ultra high level. A professional coach is removed from the pressures of a personal relationship, and therefore they are able to be the tougher “ram rod” that pushes you into action. Likewise, they ask the questions that help you push through limiting beliefs.
What Do Accountability Coaches Do?
First of all, I think it’s really important to understand that Accountability Coaches do not TELL YOU WHAT TO DO. Instead, coaches help you see the possibilities for your success by asking hard questions designed to make you think. These questions open up opportunities for you to get past the limiting beliefs that may be holding you back from your success.
An accountability coach will help you follow through. Some people need a gentle nudge in the right direction, and some people need a drill sergeant. A professionally trained coach can identify what kind of interaction you need.
Accountability coaches also:
- Teach you new strategies for following through
- Help you restructure old habits into positive change
- Help you increase your excitement to try new things
- Show you tactics for removing procrastination
- Show you where you waste time, and boost your productivity
- Help you understand your motivating factors for success
- How to balance your goals, work, family, and social responsibilities
- Show you how to anchor your goals to insure success
As a coach, I place all of the focus on you. At the end of the day, your success is all that matters. But, you have to be the one that does all the work. I can create the plan for your success, show you how to implement it, and help you follow through on all the necessary steps. The most important part is your commitment.
Now, what are you waiting for? There is a whole world of possibilities out there ready for you to tackle. Contact me today to schedule a free success strategy call, and let’s find out what has been holding you back from reaching your goals.
Start Reaching Your Goals With My Accountability BFF Program
With my new Accountability BFF Program, you will finally start getting the support and motivation you need to succeed. Accountability BFF will help you set the tone each week for your goals and self care priorities. I will then be your accountability coach through the week, keeping you on track to achieve your weekly goals and giving you a motivational nudge should you need it.
Click Here to learn more about the program and how to get started!
If you don’t know where to start, I’m here for you. Each and every week I set aside times for what I call Success Strategy Sessions. These short (and FREE!) coaching calls are designed to get you moving toward your goals and reaching them at lightening speed. During the call we’ll talk about where you currently are, where you’d like to be, and come up with some quick actionable steps you can take right away.
These calls are FREE, but I only have a limited amount of time to do them each and every week. They are “first-come-first-serve”. Schedule a free Success Strategy Session today!
[…] and friends have their own lives and problems to deal with. Having an unbiased and focused accountability partner will keep you on track and motivated to follow through on your plans. A heart health coach will not […]